By Paul Silli
It’s simple. Owning a dog or any animal that you can pet offers your family many lifelong experiences. Pets provide opportunities for your kids to learn “hands-on” responsibilities in caring, loving and maintaining the life of another. After all, pets rely on you to give them a happy, safe home. Owning a dog can also help your kids develop character building skills.
Here are some other key-benefits to owning a dog:
- Regular dog-walking improves fitness for the whole family.
- Dog-walking increases social interactions because you will meet other dog owners.
- Walks help you to forget the daily worries of life… your dog will make you smile.
- Dogs provide you with a real sense of emotional well-being.
- Dog owners are generally healthier than non-pet owners.
- Dog ownership helps people to recover from personal trauma, such as grief.
- Dog owners generally have reduced blood pressure because patting a dog relieves stress.
- Owning a dog provides you with a loyal and loving companion. You are never alone. 🙂
If you are considering adopting a dog please be ready to make a serious commitment. Ownership is not part-time… it is a perpetual journey. To help you find a dog visit: Pet Finder